Confirmed Antiviral effect on novel coronavirus!
We have confirmed that the fabric processed with our antiviral and antibacterial finishing has an antiviral effect against the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 *). The test results at public institutions are as follows.
1. Testing organization: (1) Japan Textile Quality Technology Center (2) French Virus Research Institute "Vir Health"
2. Test method: ISO18184 antiviral test (textile products)
3. Test strain: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)
4. Test material: (1) 100% polyester woven fabric (2) 100% polyester non-woven fabric
5. Results: (1) Virus reduction rate of 99.9% or more (2) Virus reduction rate of 99.8% (both after 2 hours)
In response to growing demand for antiviral processing, we have set up an antiviral test facility in our head office laboratory that can handle influenza H3N2 virus, and conduct antiviral tests on a wide range of materials such as synthetic leather, film, and wood as well as textile materials. We perform virus tests and help our customers make processing recipes.
Influenza H3N2 virus is the same envelope type virus as the novel corona virus (SARS-CoV-2), and is a designated virus species of ISO18184 (textile products) and ISO21702 (film, plastic, etc.), which are antiviral test methods.
Our antiviral test results confirm that antiviral functions can be imparted to the surface of materials by blending antiviral and antibacterial agents with surface treatment agents such as synthetic leather, film, wood, and resin molded products. Our antiviral and antibacterial processed materials exhibit antiviral effects in a shorter time than inorganic antiviral finishing such as silver-based and copper-based, which are currently the mainstream of antiviral components. It has advantages such as high transparency of the coated film and does not spoil the appearance of the base material, and efforts are expanding in fields other than textile materials such as non-woven fabrics, synthetic leather, films, paints and coatings.
We will contribute to a more hygienic living environment by adding antiviral functions not only to textile products but also to various products and materials such as indoor building materials, joineries, curtains, sofas, furniture tops, wallpaper, and filters.
● Antiviral processing is not intended to treat or prevent illness.
● Antiviral processing does not suppress the action of viruses.
* SARS-CoV-2: Virus name of the novel coronavirus. Abbreviation for Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2. COVID-19 is an abbreviation for Coronavirus Disease 2019, the name of the disease.
Back to the list